Microsoft Sticky Notes app get fantastic updates
- Fariha Khan
- February 22, 2017
If you are a passionate user of Sticky Notes, here is some great news for you. A new Sticky Notes for Windows has arrived now which comes with an all new and improved design. In addition, there are other enhancements as well such as added intelligence and Pen support, which makes it simpler to quickly capture and add context to all your notes.
• A simple and smart design that allows you to capture all your notes in a fun, simple and fast way.
• One click access – the update allows you to access your Sticky Notes with just a click of your Surface Pen to bring up the Windows 10 Ink Workspace.
• Type or write, - you can use your Surface Pen with Sticky Notes to write down your ideas in your own handwriting or if you prefer to type, the choice is yours.
• Create Cortana Reminders – just jot down a time or date with your note and it will be highlighted and then you can then tap on it in order to create a Cortana reminder.
• Added intelligence – you also get other options with this update. The tool now detects addresses, emails and cell numbers. It means you just have to tap the highlighted text to open Maps, Mail or Skype.
• Track your flights & stocks –Sticky Notes also allows you to eye on an upcoming flight or stock option by typing a flight No. or stock ticker with '$' at the front.
Read Also: Review: The Terminology Dictionary App
Version number: Varies by device
• We like to make it as easy as possible for you to capture all your notes, big or small, so we've added the ability to create a new note straight from the jump list.
• We've changed our font from Segoi UI Emoji to Segoe UI for a few different reasons, the most important being that we now support ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. An important change, we think you'll agree.
• Our text was doing a little dance when you tried to resize your notes. It's taken its dancing shoes off now and will stay still as you resize.
• We've made a few little UI adjustments to the upgrade prompt, such as removing the Later button. You'll now find a neat little X in its place.
• Finally, we made a few adjustments so that the app will be speedier at launch. Enjoy!
These are fantastic updates and one that will help users enjoy Sticky Notes even better. Thanks Windows!