Should you upgrade your iPhone 6s to an iPhone 7?
iPhone 7 has been launched and we have seen a number of interesting changes in the newbie in addition to some new features. Apple has improved the camera and processor. The handset of the new device is waterproof now.
- Fariha Khan
- November 21, 2016
We have got to know that in the coming year all will change and the iPhone will have an all new design. 2017 iPhone will have the following features:
• All-Screen Design
• New AMOLED Display Technology
• Improved CPU and GPU Performance
• VR Capabilities
• Less Differentiation Between Size Models
• No Home Button
• Improved Dual-Lens Camera
• Ultra-Thin Design
Also Read: iPhone 7 has a virtual home button now
Seemingly it'll have an iPhone 4S look but will be made mainly from curved glass or transparent Zirconia ceramic. As for the display, it will be OLED and will take up most of the fascia. The screen will be edge-to-edge or wrap-around.
While the device looks fabulous, it a great idea to upgrade your iPhone 6s to an iPhone 7. So let us check it out:
• Design: Aluminum body with antenna bands on back, Physical Home Key, TouchID
• Display: 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch 3D Touch, 1334x750 and 1920x1080 pixel resolutions
• Front Camera: 5MP
• Rear Camera: 12MP, 4K video recording
• Ports: Headphone jack, Lightning port
• Storage: 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB
• CPU and RAM: A9 processor, 2GB RAM
• Design: Aluminium body, antenna bands shifted to top and bottom edging, Capacitive Display: 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch 3D Touch, 1334x750 and 1920x1080 pixel resolutions, wide colour gamut
• Front Camera: 7MP with wide angle lens
• Rear Camera: Dual-lens 12MP - telephoto and wide-angle (for the Plus model), 4K video recording, optical image stabilization, /1.8 aperture, new 6-element lens, new image signal processor, quad-LED flash with flicker sensor
• Home key, IP67 waterproofing
• Storage: 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB
• CPU and RAM: A10 Fusion processor, 3GB RAM
• Ports: NO headphone jack, Lightning port
iPhone 7 is the first waterproof iPhone and also the first with stereo speakers. The company has abandoned the 3.5mm headphone jack and audio is taken care by the Lightning port. There is Apple's new A10 Fusion processor chip, up from the iPhone 6s A9 chip.
The iPhone 6s is available in 16GB, 64GB and 128GB storage. However, both these low end tiers are gone in favor of a 32GB, a 128GB and a 256GB device.
The technology used for display is also not that different generally. The big change over to OLED is likely for 2017. Apple has used the 3D Touch functionality and has implemented a 25% rise in intensity as well as a wide color gamut. Besides, it is the same IPS LCD Retina screen that we were familiar with at the same sizes and resolutions.
As for the appearance the iPhone 7 is not very far removed from the iPhone 6s. But a major difference is that the antenna bands have been moved to the upper and lower edges. Apple has also done away with the Space Grey color alternative and replaced it with "Black" and another "Jet Black" option. The Home key is another major change. It is a capacitive, touch-sensitive panel instead of a physical button. It has a Haptic feedback engine and can carry out a number of software functions.
The camera is something where we have seen a huge change. The camera aboard the iPhone 7 features a new 6-element lens with a wide f/1.8 aperture to enable to have additional light. It has a 12MP sensor with optical image stabilization, a quad-LED TrueTone flash with built-in flicker sensor and a new image signal processor. The iPhone 7 Plus has been manufactured on this with couple of 12MP sensors in a dual-camera setup. There is a wide-angle lens and a telephoto lens.
Upgrade or not?
Is it a good idea to switch from an iPhone 6s to an iPhone 7? Well, I guess not. You may make the move if your contract has expired or is soon to expire. Else, the 2017 iPhone will see much more significant changes over the present model.
According to the rumors the bodywork will be an entirely new design crafted mainly from curved glass or Zirconia ceramic, perhaps with some metal features like a frame to hold it together. The display is likely be of OLED technology. Additionally, we are likely to have a huge jump in processor speeds and more improvement in camera.