There are always issues when we buy a thing over the internet and it does not meet our expectations. Whether it’s skinny jeans that make you look awful or a new mobile phone that fails to make you excitement when you get your hands on it, you may end up stuck at any point in time. You just arrange a return or take them back for a refund when it comes to physical items, but in case of stuff that you buy online what should you do…? In this article I am going to tell you how to get a refund for something you buy via the Google Play Store. There is nothing to worry if you have bought a new app that doesn’t work as you thought or an in-app purchase that you didn’t mean to buy – you can get your money back. Here is how you need to go about it.
How to get a refund for apps or games from the Google Play Store
It is possible to get refund for an app or game from the Google Play Store without any problem if you ask for it within 2 hours of purchase.
1. Firstly, open the Google Play Store app and tap the 3 horizontal lines at the top left to open the menu.
2. Now Choose Account > Order history.
3. Look for the app or game you want to return and tap Refund.
4. Next, you have to tap ‘Yes’ and the app will be uninstalled, and you will get your money back.
5. You will also receive an email about the refund saying Canceled next to the app in your Order history.
However, in case you have gone past the 2 hour limit, you can still ask for refund if you’re in 48 hours of purchase. In this case, it is possible to ask for a refund through your browser. Sign into your Google account and visit this Google link to access a form.
If there have already been over 2 days since you purchased the app or game, you will have to go directly to the developer to ask for your money.
1. Open the Google Play Store app and open the menu.
2. Select Account > Order history.
3. Look for the app/game you want to return and tap View.
4. Do go Developer section by scrolling down at the bottom and select Send email.
5. Tell that you need a refund and give reason. You should be polite while making the request for the refund.
Learn Also: How to Fix Google Chrome’s Zoomed-in UI problem?
How to get a refund for an in-app purchase
You can get a refund for an in-app purchase as well, but for that you need to submit a refund request via this Google form.
1. Sign into your Google account and visit the link to fill out the form.
2. You must have the Order Number, always listed in the email you get when you make a purchase. It will be sent to the Gmail linked to your Google account.
3. Generally, you will generally get a decision fast, but it may take up to 48 hours.
In case you need a refund after 2 days of your purchase, you have to approach the developer directly.
1. Open the Google Play Store app and then the menu.
2. Select Account > Order history.
3. Look for the app or game and tap View.
4. Now scroll down to the Developer section and select Send email.
5. Tell why you need a refund for an in-app purchase. Make sure you give a solid reason so that you can have a strong case.
If it was a subscription that you set up, you need to cancel it too.
1. Open the menu on the Google Play Store app.
2. Select Account > Subscriptions and look for the right one and tap Cancel.
Remember that uninstalling an app or game will now cancel any subscriptions you signed up to.
How to return TV shows, movies, music, and ebooks
The method for returning movies, music, and ebooks in the Google Play Store are also quite similar. You can return anything within 7 days of purchase for a full refund, considering you haven’t downloaded it or played it. But it is not possible to request a refund via the Play Store app. You need to do it using your browser.
1. Go to https://play.google.com/store/account in your browser and log in to your Google account.
2. Scroll down to Order history and look for the content you need to return.
3. Tap the three vertical dots to open the menu.
4. Select Report a problem.
5. Choose the suitable option from the list.
6. Now you need to explain that you need a refund and why in the text box
7. Tap Submit.
8. You will receive an email about your refund request later.