Xiaomi introduced the Mi Mix
While we all expected Xiaomi‘s event to be highlighting Mi Note 2, it will not be the WOW factor as it appears to be. Interesting, the Chinese OEM had something more luring and captivating to surprise all. The company introduced its fantastic Mi Mix. Can you recall the futuristic concept, the borderless-design that was being talked about just a few days back? Yes, it is a reality now.
- Fariha Khan
- October 26, 2016
A wonderful high-end design with full-ceramic build having a gigantic 6.4-inch display, this is the latest Mi Mix from Xiaomi. It is indeed an impressive device with 91.3% screen-to-body ratio, which is almost the same as the iPhone 7 Plus.
The sole bezel is at the bottom, the areas where we have the front camera. You must be wondering where the sensors and earpiece are…right? The company has really done something highly innovative putting its engineering muscle in action and came up with a piezoelectric ceramic driver that transforms electrical signals into mechanical energy, doing away with the need for an earpiece completely.
The standard infrared proximity sensor has the same destiny, ultrasonic technology substituted it, enabling Xiaomi to build it straight into the device, not needing any area on the bezel to be meant for it. The revolutionary design made the firm choose a “custom” 17:9 aspect ratio that implies that the software keys will leave the actual spectacle real estate at 16:9, with of 2040×1080 resolution.
A Chinese manufacturing-inspired “tenon joint design” enables the OEM to piece the device together without needing plastic, glue etc.
Mi Mix Specs
– Full ceramic body
- 6.4” edgeless display: Ultra-high 91.3% screen-to-body ratio (highest on any smartphone so far).
– Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology substitutes the traditional earpiece speaker
– Ultrasonic proximity sensor behind the display
– Full NFC Functionality: Read, write, card emulation, P2P, Mi Pay ready
– HD audio quality
– Custom 17:9 display
– Custom round-edged display a
– Snapdragon 821 at 2.35GHz
– 4GB LPDDR4 RAM + 128GB UFS 2.0 storage; 6GB + 256GB (Mi Mix 18k)
– 4400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
– Soft keys with auto-hide Quick Ball
– Compact front camera, 50% smaller than regular camera modules
– GPS high-precision positioning
– 16MP PDAF rear camera
– MIUI 8
Mi Mix by Xiaomi is priced at 3499 RMB (516 USD). You can also find the 8k gold version with double storage and an additional 2GB of RAM that is priced around USD 590.