If you deleted a file or a photo by mistake or in case your device has accidentally wiped everything from your gallery, there is nothing to worry as it is possible to recover deleted photos from android devices. It often happens that kids delete some photos while looking at them or at time you may press the delete tab by mistake. In all such incidents, you end up losing your precious photos. But the good news is that your data is not completely lost and it is possible to retrieve it with ease. I am going to show you how to retrieve deleted photos from your tablet or phone.
A useful program that can help you in this regard is FonePaw Android Data Recovery. It can recover deleted photos android within no time. The program is easy to use and can help you recover your lost pictures just as you would want. This photo recovery tool works across multiple platforms and devices, including Android phones and tablets from LG, Sony, Samsung, Google, Huawei, etc. with the help of this program you can get your lost pictures and save them once again.
Read Also: How to speed up Windows?
How to retrieve deleted photos from android
1. Turn off Wi-Fi and data connections on your phone. Why? Well, when data is deleted, it is not really deleted until something has been written over it in the memory of the device. All that is deleted is the index that points to where the data begins in your memory. It means that as long as you can find that point again, it is possible to get your photos back. If that new data is written on where your lost photos are, you will loss them forever and will not be able to recover them.
2. The next thing to do is to download a free program called Dr.Fone for Android on to your PC. You can also look for another useful data recovery tools but I would recommend this program as I have had a good experience using it.
3. Once you find a suitable program and download it, install the program, launch it and register. Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable.
4. Connect your smartphone to your PC with a USB cable. It is important to have USB debugging enabled on your smartphone. In case you don’t, just go to your Settings > About Phone and tap Build Number repetitively until the notification shows which says that Developer Options have been enabled. In your main Settings screen, you'll get to see Developer Options close to the bottom. Scroll through the settings until you see USB Debugging. Now check the box near it. A notification will be seen at the bottom of the Dr.Fone screen that would say USB Debugging is being opened. You have to authorize the PC through the prompt that will show on your phone if your device runs Android Lollipop.
5. After the program has made the connection to your smartphone, you can choose from the following categories of deleted files.
6. You will be asked to scan for deleted files or all files. You can go for the deleted files options in case you want to recover deleted photos from android fast. Accept the RSA key prompt on your device, making the connection between the two devices safe. Give Superuser permission when prompted.
7. In the next step, the program will analyze your phone and reboot it. If you get a message on your computer to say your phone has connected again, you need to overlook it. Simply allow the program to carry on with its work. Any prompts on your device that request permissions for Dr.Fone need to be granted.
8. After Dr.Fone is done with its work of examining your device, you'll get the scan results screen where you can check the boxes for the photos that you need to save.
9. Hit Recover and there you go!
How to back your photos on Android
While it is possible to recover deleted photos from android, it is best to have back up your files. To do this, Google Photos can be a great tool. It provides unlimited photo storage and is also easy to set up as well. You need to install the app by going to Settings, Backup & sync, and you can select how often you want to back up your photos.