First Things to do with Your New Android Smartphone
- December 26, 2016
If you have not had an android device before, you may need some tips and tricks to make the best out of your first android smartphone. While some things are very straightforward, many people need some basic guidance to get started with their new android smartphone. In this article I am going to give you some guidelines, tips and tricks, how to and things to do with new android Smartphone that would allow you to make sure everything is backed up and protected against the worst in addition to taking advantage of your new device in the best possible way.
Learn also: Must Have Apps for Your New Android Smartphone
Setup lockscreen and fingerprint security
The first thing to do with new android Smartphone on a regular basis is to set up lockscreen and fingerprint security. Securing your smartphone is one of the most important things to do as nowadays there can be much security threat to your device that are loaded with personal information. Not only do you have your personal text messages your device but your personal pictures and videos as well. In addition, you would have your email accounts and other secure data stored on your smartphone which you need to protect from others as well. To enable lockscreen security follow these steps:
1. Go to your phone’s Settings menu and scroll down to the Security option
2. Choose Screen lock
3. In case you are asked or input your password, PIN, or pattern, know that you have already enabled this kind of security.
4. In case you have not set anything up so far, choose a security type (password, PIN, or pattern) you wish to have for your smartphone
5. Follow the onscreen instructions.
To set up your fingerprint security, follow the steps below:
1. Go to your phone’s Settings menu and scroll down to the Security option.
2. Choose the fingerprint security option.
3. Input your lockscreen security.
4. Click Add fingerprint.
5. Follow the instructions you see on screen.
Setup device and photo backup
While you have just got your new android smartphone, it is essential to backup all just in case something happens to it. Though you will not be able to save your login details or your game progress, with the help of Google’s built-in backup service download all of your apps and more when you get a new phone. To enable backup, follow these steps:
1. Go to your phone’s Settings menu and scroll down to Backup & reset
2. Choose Backup and ensure that you have the right account associated with the backup
3. Toggle backup on and off at the top of the menu
As you continue to use your new smartphone, you will soon notice that your photos and videos will take up most the available storage. The important things to do with new android Smartphone is to use Google Photos because it can help you backup everything that you’ve stored to the cloud. So it means that if anything happens to your device, your photos and videos will safe and you can access them from any other device. In addition, you can have Photos delete all that you have backed up already so that it does not take longer taking up space on your actual phone.
Organize your homescreens
Do you know you can customize the homescreen of your android smartphone? Yes, it is indeed one of the best things to do with new android Smartphone. It means you can place shortcuts of your choice, add widget you wish to have and remove anything that you don’t really want to have on the home screen of your device. To add app shortcuts, follow the steps below:
1. Open your app launcher and look for apps that you wish to have on your homescreen.In order to add widgets, follow the steps below:
2. Long press on the app until you get back to your homescreen.
3. Move the item to the location of your choice and lift your finger from the screen.
1. Long press in any blank part of your phone’s homescreen.If you wish to rearrange items, follow these steps:
2. Tap on the Widgets and look for the widget you want to have on your homescreen.
3. Keep pressing on the widget until the phone takes you back to your homescreen.
4. Move the item to the location of your choice and lift your finger from the phone’s screen
1. After your app shortcut or widget is on the homescreen simply long press on the item.
2. The interface would change a bit after a while.
3. Move the shortcut or widget around the screen to your desired location while still holding your finger on the screen of your device.
Get a screen protector and a case
The most important things to do with new android Smartphone are to get a good screen protector and a robust case for your new smartphone. These accessories will ensure the safety of your device, allowing you to continue using your smartphone without the fear of breaking the screen or damaging the phone in case of fall or other accidents. There are tons of websites as well as physical stores that you can find where you can get suitable cases and screen protectors for your particular device. Make sure you are not taken in by the fancy designs and funky outlook of the cases alone and don’t overlook the strength of the case as the major function of a case is to protect your android smartphone and not just make it look more attractive.
These important things to do with new android Smartphone will definitely help you to make your Smartphone perfect and protect it from several mobile viruses as well.